Official Awards Ceremony 2020/21 that celebrates overall University achievement has been held on Wednesday, November 10. This ceremony provides an opportunity for the University to honor outstanding individuals who have contributed to the work of the University or have earned distinction in some other field. The University confers a special award for their outstanding academic performance, professional commitment, and personal contribution to the University.
The ceremony started with the Rector’s speech. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mersid Poturak presented the results achieved in the previous academic year and praised the good work and commitment of all employees that contributed to this year’s success.
A special guest at the ceremony was the Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Mr. Timothy Donald Fisher, who arrived from London for this occasion. Mr. Fisher congratulated everyone on these achievements and great results in the 2020/21 academic year.
The Awards ceremony is an event that celebrates overall university success but also an individual contribution of outstanding employees. The awards for this academic year went to:
1. Outstanding Contribution to Student Satisfaction Award – Assoc. Prof. Dr. Senad Bećirović
2. Outstanding Contribution to Master & Ph.D. Student Supervision Award – Assoc. Prof. Dr. Monia Avdić
3. Outstanding Contribution to Research Projects Award – Assoc. Prof. Dr. Erna Husukić
4. Outstanding Contribution to Writing, Publication & Exhibitions Award – Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mirza Ponjavić
5. Outstanding Contribution to the Industry & Burch Incubator Involvement Award – Assist. Prof. Dr. Ermin Cero
6. Administrative Professional Contribution Award – Mirdin Zilić
This event was also an opportunity to honor our valedictorian, the University Golden Badge recipient, Ms. Lejla Dautbašić. The University Golden Badge is conferred upon the outstanding student and is regarded by the University as the highest student achievement award.
We congratulate all award recipients and wish them a successful new academic year.